What Is Band Camp?
Band camp is a mandatory one-week camp for the Wheaton North Falcon Marching Band to begin preparations for the fall competition season. For five very full days, members work on the formations, music and performance that comprises the competition program. Band Camp week concludes on Friday evening with Parent Preview Night when families are encouraged to come sit in the stands and watch the week’s hard work pay off.
Band Camp 2021 is Monday, August 2nd through Friday, August 6th
- 7:30 Band Doors Open
- 8-10 Marching & Sectionals
- 10-10:15 Snack Break
- 10:30-12 Back at It
- 12-1 Lunch
- 1-4 Music, Sectionals & Team Building
- 4-6 Dinner Break. Students must leave campus for dinner and return by 5:55
- 6-9. Full Band Rehearsal
- Early is on time!
- Water, water and more water! Bring a 64 oz insulated jug to keep the water cold!
- Camp Clothing
- Athletic Wear (dri-fit/tech fabric) is highly recommended.
- Wear a hat and good athletic shoes.
- No jeans. No flip flops.
- Wear sunscreen in the day.
- Have bug spray for the evening.
- Section leaders are the best source of information.
- Section fun: House Cup, theme days, section shirts
- Camp ends at 9PM, but official dismissal is after all the equipment is put away.
- Parent Preview Night – come and see the progress made during the week!
The Wheaton North Marching Band relies heavily on parent volunteers. Check out the Falcon Band Parent Organization (FBPO) webpage to see how you can support the Marching Band, as well as the entire band program.